Welcome to San Marcos Unitarian Universalist Fellowship!
Adult Religious Education begins at 9:45am, and childcare is provided at that time.
Worship service begins at 11:00am. Children will be released after “Words for All Ages” to their classrooms for Children’s Religious Education classes. If, after a couple visits, you and your family decide that this church is a comfortable religious home, please take the time to complete a Registration Form.
At San Marcos Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, we work together as a community to raise our children in a positive, inclusive, and respectful way.
Living our faith is a part of who we are; we try to find ways in our classes, our program, and our community to help others and set a positive example. We hope you will join us!
Our Religious Education is based on the seven Unitarian Univeralist principles (see the condensed versions below). A typical “Sunday school” session is like a large family’s living room. Discussions include viewpoints and “lessons” that apply to each person’s age and readiness level. In the process, we are learning to take turns, to talk one person at a time, and to respect the age and perception of each person.
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual
growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within
our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Themes for the year
January - MLK/Leadership/UU
February - Love
March - Spring/Easter
April - Earth Day/Environment
May - Mother's Day/transitions(related to graduating)
June - potpourri
July - Summer Camp
When bringing your children on Sunday, please allow plenty of time to find the classrooms and meet our childcare providers and Religious Education teachers. Adult Religious Education begins at 9:45am, and childcare is provided at that time.
Worship service begins at 11:00am. Children will be released after “Words for All Ages” to their classrooms for Children’s Religious Education classes. Feel free to attend part or all of the class to help your child adjust to the new surroundings.
Please meet your child and teacher after class and the end of services at noon. Take time to talk with the teacher to discuss what the topic of class was and raise any questions/concerns you may have.
If, after a couple visits, you and your family decide that this church is a comfortable religious home, please take the time to complete a Registration Form.
UU Principles (adapted for R.E. Use)
- Every person is important
- People need to be fair and helpful to others
- Every person is different
- Each person gets one vote
- Each person must decide his or her own beliefs
- All living things are connected to each other
- Our own experience
- Wise men and women (both past and present)
- World religions
- Judeo-Christian teachings
- Reason and Science
- Native traditions based on Nature
|9:45 – 10:45||Childcare provided during Adult Religious Education|
|11:15||Children and Youth enjoy Words for All Ages and then exit with teachers|
|11:15 – 12:00||Children’s Religious Education classes|
|12:00||Teachers bring children upstairs to the Fellowship Hall|
You may register using this form.