Welcome to San Marcos Unitarian Universalist Fellowship!
Adult Religious Education begins at 9:45 am on our regular ZOOM Link; please see the Friday Flash Newsletter for details!
Worship service begins at 1:00 p.m. Children will be released after “Words for All Ages” for Children’s Religious Education classes.
At San Marcos Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, we work together as a community to raise our children in a positive, inclusive, and respectful way.
Living our faith is a part of who we are; we try to find ways in our classes, our program, and our community to help others and set a positive example. We hope you will join us!
Our Religious Education is based on the seven Unitarian Universalist principles (see the condensed versions below). A typical “Sunday school” session is like a large family’s living room. Discussions include viewpoints and “lessons” that apply to each person’s age and readiness level. In the process, we are learning to take turns, to talk one person at a time, and to respect the age and perception of each person.
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual
growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within
our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of the world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
UU Principles (adapted for R.E. Use)
- Every person is important
- People need to be fair and helpful to others
- Every person is different
- Each person gets one vote
- Each person must decide his or her own beliefs
- All living things are connected to each other
- Our own experience
- World religions
- Judeo-Christian teachings
- Reason and Science
- Native Traditions Based on Nature